• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Grounding Edcore transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is not a cry for help but more of an information sharing post.

My Edcores are turning out to be more difficult to ground then I first anticipated. The end bells are powder coated, with no bare metal. The lamination are painted and insulated from the bolts that hold them together by plastic inserts with shoulders that also insulate them from the end bells so no one point will ground both end bells and lamination!

No doubt they are well built but will require more thought to get them properly grounded.

I to have Edcors in my build and am looking for the answer to your question.
I did find this bit of info in here, but am curious if I have to scrape off my freshly painted Edcors to create a ground.

So here's what I'll do unless I'm confused and you or anyone else objects:
1. Connect the RCA inputs, volume pot, and PCB just like George's wiring diagram on the tubelab website
2. Run individual grounds from my aluminum top plate and wood-mounted components into a star (perhaps put a few components on same wire)
3. Connect that star to the earth ground of the IEC

I to have Edcors in my build and am looking for the answer to your question.
I did find this bit of info in here, but am curious if I have to scrape off my freshly painted Edcors to create a ground.

So here's what I'll do unless I'm confused and you or anyone else objects:
1. Connect the RCA inputs, volume pot, and PCB just like George's wiring diagram on the tubelab website
2. Run individual grounds from my aluminum top plate and wood-mounted components into a star (perhaps put a few components on same wire)
3. Connect that star to the earth ground of the IEC

I was just sharing my experience with my Edcores, your plan is sound but I wouldn't put more than one thing on a wire.

I am still testing my amp, but yes I did scrape some paint of the bottom of my transformers to connect the ground.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.