• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

SSE - no music :(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
George
- Disconnect the yellow and green wires from the board. If the fuse still blows, it has to be the diodes.

I disconnected the yellow and green wires and the fuse blew again. So then I removed the diodes and the amp began to hummmm.....turned it off and wired up the choke, volume and aux cap. Wow, does that ever sound good!!!
I'd like to thank everyone who helped me to get this working.

It's a really great amp George, THANKS! :)

Atk1d
Thanks :) I'll send you the info but I'm not really needing help right now. The amp is running and sounds great. It kept sounding better for about a week to 10 days. I guess there really is a burn-in for some amps. I'd swapped in a paper in oil capacitor into my son's guitar amp and noticed an immediate improvement in sound. There was no burn-in time for the cap but my sse amp kept sounding better for a little over a week. Perhaps it was the tubes that were improving over the week???
Either way, thanks for the offer of help and I'll shoot you an email.
Glenn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.