• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

How many of you have tried a DAC as input to your tubelab SE 300B?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently just got turned on to Digital Music in lossless format, FLAC's to be exact. So like many of you looking for sound nirvana from your home grown amps you all so painstakingly built, I purchased an average DAC (OriGen G2) to render my 320 kbps MP3 and newly acquired FLAC music collection. Oh my does it ever sound good. The FLAC's in album format are kinda expensive for my taste but i did pick up Goucho, LA Woman and Thriller and you cannot believe the SE perfection driving usb music through the DAC and into my tubelab SE with Gold Lions in the output. Even the lossy 320 kbps MP3's sound fantastic. Got to say that I love the sound of Georges SE more and more each day.
Kevin

I will be when I get the chance to look and see what caused the rectifier to arc and then replace the damaged bits.

Plan to run Vinyl, CD and DAC through three separate inputs. My DAC is a Emotiva XDA-2 hooked up to the USB of a laptop which acts as a client for the server on my main computer and streams some MP3 and plenty of FLAC.

If I don't like how it sounds I'll just hook it back to my TEAC H500 amp which does a lovely job with it right now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.