• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

A great fan if you need help cooling your amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know some people have issues cooling their amps so thought I would share this.

I bought the AC Infinity MULTIFAN S4, Quiet 140mm USB Fan for Receiver DVR Playstation Xbox Computer Cabinet Cooling off of Amazon.

It sits on rubber feet, has Low/Med/High settings from an off fan control and runs off a USB plug (could be wired direct of course).

This thing puts out a huge amount of air and is so very quiet you don't know it is on on the first two settings and I have to get my ear next to the amp to hear the high setting and that's with the amp off. It sits 1" high so you don't need a huge amount of vertical space for it. I believe they do a smaller footprint 120mm fan too.

I built my TSE with some space underneath the PCB to help airflow and some vents in the top plate to let the heat out (I also used larger than recommended heatsinks where required). The air from the fan can be felt on the low setting passing through the vents on the top plate.

It's under here :)

Attachments

• TSE Copper and Walnut.png
    TSE Copper and Walnut.png
    338 KB · Views: 137
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.