• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

LC filter on bias supply of TSE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all.

Do any of you have any thoughts about whether an LC filter inserted into the bias supply (around R6) would improve a 300b TSE in a noticeable way? What about an additional choke (making it CLCLC) in the B+ supply if I have the voltage to spare?

Thanks for any advice.

What is the goal you are trying to achieve with these changes?

Do any of you have any thoughts about whether an LC filter inserted into the bias supply (around R6) would improve a 300b TSE in a noticeable way?
My experience with adding fixed bias to the DHT SSE project, and my child resistant SSE, is that bias supply filtering can be pretty simple and still achieve good results. I use a simple CRC filter in both.

The negative supply of the TSE is also the negative rail for the MOSFET follower, so fiddling with it could have unintended consequences.

If you do this, be sure to let us know how it worked for you.

What about an additional choke (making it CLCLC) in the B+ supply if I have the voltage to spare?

IIRC, the Radiotron Designers Handbook says two sections pretty well maxes out the benefit from power supply filtering.

If you do this, be sure to let us know how it worked for you.

Win W5JAG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.