• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Edcor GSXE vs CSXE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
From my research the 25w C's might spit out more bass but I doubt it. IMO overkill for an amp that might net 7 watts. I put together 2 TSE's. One with Edcor iron using G series transformers and is very different from the other amp. Each have there strongpoints.

The other amp uses Electra Print iron and while very detailed I can't use this amp when listening to recordings that are vocal based. Now with orchestral music and acoustic guitar and piano stuff this unit is outstanding. My set up is no doubt different than yours where I use open baffles bi-amped. I can theoretically dial in as much bass as needed. The Edcor powered amp seem's to bite up high a lot less. It's up stairs doing FM duty for the time being as I'm still waiting for parts to finish the power supply side of things.

Attachments

• DSC_0007.JPG
    DSC_0007.JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.