• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Installing panel meters on an SE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have the same meters; wired them in yesterday but when running the checkout today didn't get any reading on them with the output tubes in and speakers attached.

It's possible I hadn't tightened the connections at the back sufficiently so I'll check that.

To calibrate the meters when I do get them working, do I still measure across the connection with the DVM like I did when it was a resistor in there?

I did not need to calibrate the meters. I had measured with the DVM before I removed the resistors and the reading from the meters was accurate. I did need to adjust the zero reading on one of my meters. I've been running mine at 28. they seem to be doing the job just fine.

here's a picture. The angle is a little off so the meters don't look the same but they are.

Attachments

• IMG_1037.jpg
    IMG_1037.jpg
    458.3 KB · Views: 620
colnago, I too had measured before I installed them but also before I added a different value C5 and removed R4 to put the choke in so I wanted to check what the DVM said and compare it to what the meters said.

I'll tighten them up and see if that works then try and measure again.

True the sse is pre biased , was hoping to add additional vintage look to a vintage style amp.
If anyone has managed to get these meters working on an sse please let me know.

Or if a suitable Vu meter would be better I would consider swapping these in.

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.