• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

SPP Grounding Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have run into a bit of trouble with my SPP amp. When I connect a CD player to the inputs, I get a hum and no music. Connect my phone and I get music with no hum. Pulling out my notes, it doesn't look like I grounded the board at the T1 red-yellow connection. I am using Edcor, so my wire is red/black. The input/volume are grounded properly and the IEC is grounded by itself.

So do I run a wire joining the two connectors at T1 red-yellow and then ground to the top plate?

I have the amp running UL.

SimplePPschemUL.gif

20160624_145421.jpg

20160624_145431.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.