• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Wiring on Sansui 1000 tube receiver OP trans

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm using these on a SPP. They're out of a Sansui 1000 (25E5). The schematic shows the primaries with a center tap. The thing that's confusing me is the primary windings. One transformer has 3 leads (black, orange, brown) and I measure 60 ohms across orange, brown...and 60 ohms across orange black. 120 ohms across brown and black. So the orange must be the center tap, right? Now the other transformer has 4 primary leads (doesn't show this on the schematic, though) black, red, orange and brown. I get 60 ohms across red and black...and 60 ohms across brown and orange. If I measure from brown to black AND connect red and orange together, I get 120 ohms. Is this the correct way to wire this primary side. The schematic shows both op with only 3 wires on the primary side? Thanks for helping a novice out. The output side has 8,16 and 32 ohms, so I'm figuring on using only the 8 ohm.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.