• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Simple SE Changing Feedback Switch While On

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wrapping up a Simple SE build.

Any issues with turning the feedback switch on / off while the unit is powered on? I read some posts here, but have not found a sentence that states 'I turned the feedback switch on/off while the unit was on playing music'. I'm assuming it is ok while powered on playing music.

I have other tube amps with a Triode / UL switch which I switch while on, but at low volume levels. No issues there.

I am building it with different cathode resistors connected in parallel via a switch. I'm not using a special make before brake switch, so I'm going on the assumption (again) that if I switch the switch quickly, there should be no issues. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Dave

Where did you find your rotary switch? I'm being anal and can't find one.

Mouser has them. I used a non-shorting type because I added my resistors in parallel with the 680 ohm cathode resistor.

This is close to what I purchased: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...=sGAEpiMZZMvNbjZ2WlReYhndqMY8foDIu/hXa1YvkDs=

The switch I purchased allowed you to move a key to select how many positions you actually needed to use. I believe I have 4 positions, so I purchased a 6 position switch and moved the key to only allow it to rotate to my four selected spots.

I used a knob from my parts stock.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.