• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

SPP Transformer question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I cannot contribute as to where your b+ will come out at or wether it will be too high, but that will work as a power transformer. There is no direct current going through the power transformer.
Direct current will be absorbed by the OUTPUT TRANSFORMER, which will need to have a correct air gap to deal with this. But, the power transformer will only see an AC load. No air gap will be needed, nor would you want one.

Do not give up hope. :)

Link for PSUD2 mentioned by PDL earlier:

PSUD2

However I have no experience with this software... I am assuming you can simulate with different values of B+ - give it a try - by changing some values of components you might get in the ballpark of running some JJ EL84s with your PT.

Last edited:
PSUD...

I have used this software to design several power supplies including the one for my TSE with type 45 tubes and my SSE. It was easier than trying to work with formulas that I learned 50 yrs ago with the actual build results being within a couple of volts of what the program predicted. Take a little time to learn how to feed-in/change different component values and you should come up with a circuit that will let you use the PT you have.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.