• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

simple se tube selection

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Do the jj el34s still suffer from poor quality control? Anyone using them? I know from reading the tubelab website that they were tested when the sse was designed and worked well. Maybe they'd be a good tube for initial testing and to see if I like the el34 "sound"?
FWIW, I have a set of jj el34's that are going on three years old now. Maybe I just got lucky, or maybe I got a pair that predated the QC issues you speak of.
At any rate, I have played with a few different tubes and keep coming back to the el34. For my listening tastes (jazz and rock, mostly) and speakers (full range) they are the hands-down winners.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.