• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

I blew it up last night

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was listening to it yesterday afternoon, and didn't like the sound so much. Decided to try another set of speakers. Hooked up the B&W's, flipped the switch, and smoke came out when the B+ started coming up. I shut it off as quick as I could. Double checked my speaker connections, and tried it again with the top lifted. Saw sparks coming from the inrush current limiter I had installed in series with the incoming power. Removed that from the circuit, and tried it again....blew the fuse immediately (2.5v slo blo). OPT's test okay. R5, R30, and R7 all test good. Where should I go from here?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.