• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

A speaker question related to the TSE 300b

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I am looking at getting a pair of ADS 710's for the 300b HOWEVER I have a set of Genesis 2's that sound incredibly good with it.

The ADS are 6ohm I believe so I would need to use the 4ohm tab on the James 6123 OPT I suspect.

In your opinion/experience would the TSE and ADS combination be a better one than the TSe and Genesis combination? I KNOW hoe subjective this can be.

I listen to all kinds of music but will have access to a HT setup with massive sub if I want to rock the house with some Zeppelin. I am currently surprised by how good the bass is on the Genesis 2's.

Here is the TSE setup if it helps:

Edcor XPWR13
James 6123HS
300b running at 73ma bias and 382 B+

I might not have the opportunity to test the ADS with my amp so I could be buying blind (though from a reputable seller).

Thanks.

I saw that one.Problem is. all those full range. super efficient DIY speakers (don't the Pi's look terrific) are too big :(

I'm limited by space (or will be) so Genesis or ADS 710 are as big as I can go.

I'm going to take a peek inside the Genesis and see if the crossover still has the original caps. If so, maybe I'll spend $50 and upgrade them and see what happens.

In the meantime; thanks for the direction mate :cheers:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.