• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Load Line Simulator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone seen the new Triode Loadline Simulator here:
Triode Loadline Simulator v.2.1 (20141008 www.trioda.com)

With active discussion here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/260908-triode-pentode-loadline-calculator.html

I'd like to create a load line for the 300B's in my TSE, but I'm having some trouble. I'm only about 20% through Morgan Jones book "Valve Amplifiers" so I am in uncharted waters.

I get that the left (Y) axis is the Plate Current and the bottom (X) axis is Plate Voltage. Looking at the TSE schematic, I see that the OPT is tied directly to the plate. This is where things get shady. How do I calculate my plate current (and Voltage for that matter) by looking at the schematic? I've looked at the specs for my OPT (Transcendar 20W SE 3K with 130 Ohm Primary DC resistance) but I'm not sure what to do next.

Here are the measured values for my amp currently:
B+ 387V Across R30
B- 330V to 360V Across R7
Bias 62mv Across R18 and R29

Is this enough information to calculate the load line for my 300Bs? If anyone has used the simulator, I'd also like to know the yellow and white graph elements (the look like they might show the voltage swing above & below the bias point, but I'm not sure). Where would I move these elements if I wanted to simulate my current configuration?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.