• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Physical dimensions of a .45 tube

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
45 tube sizes vary

... older 45s seem to have a standard size, but my TJ 45/n are actually too big for the TSE board, and touch each other. This does not seem to affect the sound, but is not ideal and at some stage I will have to put some tube holders on short leads so I can position the tubes an acceptable distance apart.

... older 45s seem to have a standard size, but my TJ 45/n are actually too big for the TSE board, and touch each other. This does not seem to affect the sound, but is not ideal and at some stage I will have to put some tube holders on short leads so I can position the tubes an acceptable distance apart.

Hi Alan

I have not received my board yet but I was thinking I may lay the tubes on their side to make things fit. Your comments is making me think that laying them on their side may be beneficial for more than just the height restriction.

Thanks
Paul

Hi Alan

I have not received my board yet but I was thinking I may lay the tubes on their side to make things fit. Your comments is making me think that laying them on their side may be beneficial for more than just the height restriction.

Thanks
Paul

Put them out where they can be appreciated for their place in the history of Radio.

Attachments

• IMG_1384_1.JPG
    IMG_1384_1.JPG
    314.7 KB · Views: 75
Put them out where they can be appreciated for their place in the history of Radio.

Nice looking amp you got there Bill

I may build a second and reverse the board or simply wire to wire my own layout, so I can build a more "traditional" looking tube amp. First cut I just want to get it to work.

I'm a newbie re 2A3 and 45 tubes, so I'd like to hear what the brouhaha is all about.

The amp shown is not the Tubelab SE but rather a Simple SE I built under the tutelage of Steve Brown long before I heard of George Anderson.

My Tubelab Simple SE withg Gold Lion KT-88s is built in the traditional Hammond box and sounds a lot better than it looks.

I have to say thoughs, that the 45 amp does also; get past the fancy antique radio-type chassis I built and it's dual mono from the power transformer with all Magnequest iron. Yowzah!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.