• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Congratulations George!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/211254-those-magnificent-television-tubes-29.html

I thought best not to put this into the Tube- those magnificent television tube thread forum because it might get moved by the mods and put it here in the Tubelab forum instead.

Well George, 41 years at the same company is an accomplishment in itself already, but knowing that you have various designs spanning vacuum tubes to ICs, prototypes, working models from mostly overlooked components (TV tubes), proof of concepts built (digital synthesizer from the 70's built from someone else's cast off scrap is both mesmerizing and frugal at the same time), and your current offerings... well, that would just be a life's work to some of us here like me. And you have the option of calling it a hobby.

Congratulations on your impending retirement from Motorola, new house, your soon to be built house, and not slowing down.

Personally, I can not wait to see the tube designs you have on paper, computer, dead bug style, and home etched PCBs, come to fruition. Sign me up when you get settled into your new digs and the first boards out. In the meantime, raise a glass for me. :)

I'll chip in and say a well done from me as well!

If it wasn't for Tubelab I wouldn't be able to experience tube amps of such high calibre. Your designs have provided a great deal of pleasure to build and peace and quiet for Mrs Mudchute.

If you have other designs PLEEEEEEEEEASE bring them to fruition and drop teasers so we can get excited!

Hint*hint*tubephonostage*hint

I built my current phono stage several years ago and I have been happy with it so far. It doesn't fit any of the usual Tubelab criteria since it isn't easy to build, and doesn't glow.

I made a little SMD phono stage that uses a TI audio spec opamp. In fact the design is directly from the chip's data sheet. I did this so that the entire phono stage fits inside the turntable. This eliminates the low level interconnects which can be susceptible to noise pickup.

I thought about redoing the layout with smaller SMD parts so the whole thing fits inside the cartridge shell, but never got around to it.

So far I haven't looked at a tube phono stage.....too many other projects, but maybe in the future.

I built an SSE and after discovering the myriad ways that versatile little board could be configured and hacked around on ( and blown up ) I never got back around to the hybrid transceiver that got me interested in tube construction.

So thanks a lot for that, George!

I'm really disappointed in Ma Batwings, if it's any consolation - I used to be a good customer for their commercial radios. Still use my HT1250 that I bought almost twenty years ago ( did you have a hand in that? ) and lots of Yaesu's when they mostly owned the company.

Now they don't make anything I need or want.

You taking the Mopars to the new place?

Win W5JAG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.