• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

SSE hissing problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Try a new power strip, and add the X2 cap to your mains in on the amp to protect your audio gear. New house doesn't mean good wiring, just means new f'd-up wiring. Since this was happening with your old home and now the new home, you brought the culprit with you. Probably not the amp. Try a NEW power strip, pretty easy there. I'd not have my tv on that same house circuit - could be the power supply in the TV getting ready to take a crap. The power supply in TVs are "switched" and they generate a lot of line noise which is why I suggested a X2 cap inside the amp to rid that off the mains voltage going into your amp. The TV is probably the culprit - just unplug it (psu on the TV is on all the time even tho the TV is off) - unplugging the TV should give you relief.

Cheers,
Bob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.