• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

SSE OPT question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

So far I have only build full kit amps. I am not an engineer, but have managed to survive building 2 chip amps, 2 tube power amps and two tube preamps (Bottlehead and Tubes4hifi). :D

I have now ordered the SSE PCB from George and am looking at parts. I intend to use quality parts such as Kiwame or Mills resistors and Mundorf caps (in the signal path). So far so good.

From what I read on this forum is that the Edcor CXSE25-8-5K OPT is the one most people go for. The dilemma is, that I have both 4 and 8 ohm speakers.

Here is my question: Can I use 4 ohm speakers with the 8 ohm Edcors or is there an equal or better OPT of a different manufacturer that is recommended?

Appreciate any advise.

Kind regards

Michael

Bob,

For some noise in the speakers you can use an output transformer with primary ranging from 1k to 20k and the secondary between 2 and 32 ohms. Surely, you will get some noise, even for a short time. However, to ensure the output to track the project, you can not use any transformer. You must be within the specified.

Regards,

Antonio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.