• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Tubelab Simple P-P Choke

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
I am in the process of building a Simple P-P and I have a couple of choices for chokes.
I have a C-12X 6H 165ma 160Ω and a 10H that is slightly larger but I don't know the ratings on it.
Will a 165ma 6H choke do the job for the simple P-P?

Thank You

Einric,

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes the 200mA Edcor should be fine.

After searching in the basement for a couple hours I managed to find a choke close in specification to the Edcor. Connected to my board mounted Simple PP the choke improved the signal to noise ratio about 8dB versus the same amp with a resistor at R1. Impressive.

You'll probably have to be careful with output tube selection since the Edcor choke has half the resistance of the normal 150 ohm R1.

Ron

FWIW, I used the Triad C-14x in my SSE build and it works great. The downside is that it isn't as "pretty" as one of the blue Edcors (the Triad is a plain-frame model) but I mounted the choke inside my chassis so appearance isn't an issue.

Best luck with your SSE - it's a solid performer.

Sam

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.