• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

TSE : inverting red and yellow cable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Had a good working TSE, minor issues that Boywonder & Evenharmonics helped to solve.

Going to set the final configuration, it happened to INVERT red and yellow wires (I should have learned not to do these things and play with my daughter).

Result : 450V were 5V was supposed and obviously 5V were 450V, a very BRIGHT light from the 5AR4 and .... silence.

After correcting the error tried to put another 5AR4, the strange thing is that B+ arrives to 150V more or less and then begin to go down.

What may be?
Would it be possible that the choke (R4) is gone?
Or the FRED (D2, D3)?

I really have no idea.

Thanks for all help or suggestion.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.