• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

active bias supply?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone ever tried this?
http://www.diyhifisupply.com/files/ABS1.1.pdf

Would this be the correct way?
Visio-TSE_board_ABS.jpg

So this essentially would making adjusting the bias every time tubes are changed to be a non-issue?

I am really interested in getting some TSE boards because of the ability to adjust the bias on them to extend tube life and increase in sound quality.

With the boards being as reasonably priced as they are, I can get several of them and build them over time for myself and loved ones.

I had intended to "mimic" the decware with the VU meters on the top plate to show the bias so I know it is running optimally.

I hope I can build one though, I have built a bottlehead quickie and then I have also build computers and worked welded for years, and worked with high voltage electronics before, so the electricity doesnt scare me....just my intelligence.

Ok great, I just wanted to make sure I understood everything about it properly.

I was turned onto tubelab stuff by Evenharmonics in a thread where i was talking about using tubes in a home theater...the TSE looks like a great way to go but I am also considering the SSE...maybe i'll get one SSE for practice and gift it out and keep the TSE for myself....

Ok great, I just wanted to make sure I understood everything about it properly.

I was turned onto tubelab stuff by Evenharmonics in a thread where i was talking about using tubes in a home theater...the TSE looks like a great way to go but I am also considering the SSE...maybe i'll get one SSE for practice and gift it out and keep the TSE for myself....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.