• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

SSE input selector

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm getting close to wiring it all up and then, its kaboom time!

20130309_122210.jpg

Could I ask what volume pots people are also using?

I have the 50k unit you see in the picture there, goo choice? Better choice?

Thanks to uni, this has been put on the back burner for about a year now and I've forgotten all I've learnt about component choices and values.

In the end, I bought the bare board but using board specific jacks from another seller. Total was about £25 which, although a bit pricey is a simple, neat and tidy solution. I'll report back once it arrives.

The board from that seller with their own jacks was quite pricey!

That selector switch was junk. It *** connecting two positions at once so I'm going to get a different switch and wire it myself.

It did raise one question though. If it had worked it would have combined the common on Bitch left and right channels rather than keep them separated. Would that have worked?

I went with an Elma 4 pole switch in the end so I'm switching both hot and round wires of each terminal. Works well, no perceivable degradation in sound quality.

One further quesion though, I have my board earthed at the input sockets and when switching I get a momentary pop as I break the boards earth connection. Can I earth it differently in order to maintain earth even when the switch breaks the input connections?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.