• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Basic questions on configuring Tube AMP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is just eye-candy, so it is kind of up to you to figure out how to use whatever meter you happen to find and like. You are probably going to have to find something on eBay or similar. There is software out there to print out new legends for various meter styles.

All D'arsonval meters work on the same principals. They are current measuring devices...usually very low currents. Some sort of shunt or series resistance is required to scale the meter's movement the way you'd like. Most meters that you'll find are roughly similar. A 2V and a 200V meter is usually the same meter with a different series resistor. Meters for measuring current use a shunt instead. Some meters you'll find already have the shunt while others expect you to provide it.

I suggest you use Google and start reading.

Yes, that is the software that Peter Millett used on his power supply.

Also, I should mention that the only time you typically see meters on a power amplifier is to guesstimate power output in Watts (FWIW). So if you assume an 8 ohm load and you want the meter to read full scale at a certain RMS power output, then you can calculate roughly what voltage to setup the meter for...at least for a sine wave.

Yes I saw that,
With CFB, the UL is working. I didn't have the time to play with that much so until now I didnt find a different.Although that, I think the output power was decreased somehow after connecting the switches. Any chance to measure the DC voltage using the socket pins?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.