• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

SSE - D3, D4 and TR1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I received my SSE board a few days ago. I am seeing two additional diodes D3 and D4 and TR1 (thermistor ?) connected to
the rectifier tube but I don't see these in the assembly manual or parts list. I'll be using tube rectification.

Maybe this was discussed on the forum sometime back, I'll have go back and see.
In the meantime can someone tell me the Digikey part numbers for these ?
Wish I'd known about these before as I've already obtained all my parts from Digikey.

Last edited:
The parts are not needed, you can place jumpers in all 3 places and the new SSE board will be exactly like the SSE board sold for the last 6 years.

However, adding these parts can extend the life of todays less than stellar rectifier tubes. About 3 years ago there was a six month period where Shuguang, Sovtek, and JJ all shipped some bad batches of 5AR4's. Some builders saw 1 or 2 tubes blow up on initial startup. Once a good tube was found, they lived for years. Sooner or later this situation will happen again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.