• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

TSE - Edcor XPWR131-240 buzz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello guys,

Just completed the TSE, works really well, but unfortunately I am a little disappointed in the EDCOR PT (XPWR131-240) - there is quite a noticeable mechanical buzz...Not loud but noticeable. I have tried tightening the screws but the buzz is still there ;-(

Has anyone had this issue?

Appreciate any feedback,

Cheers,
-Victor

Thanks guys,
Evenharmonics -appreciate the info ;-)
Boywonder - are you using 300b or 45's in your TSE?
Have a feeling I am overloading the PT. With 300b biased at 65 ma it looks like I am drawing close to 200 ma from the secondary (XPWR131 is rated at 175 ma). The PT is getting quite warm after a couple of hours. Have sent a question to Edcor.
Cheers,
-Victor

Thanks Boywonder,
Can I ask you how hot your XPWR131 gets in the 300b TSE?
I can't remember the exact theory but recall vaguely that the same core will be closer to saturation at lower frequency (my 50Hz vs your 60 Hz - that is 20% difference!) - perhaps that is why I am getting this slight noise and heat? Thanks for your help.
Cheers,
-Victor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.