• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Hey, George Anderson!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
These are for you - 400 mA plate current in a beam pentode. Think of the possibilities!

The Philips data sheet for the EL500 shows 250 mA average cathode current with peaks to 440 mA. These are rather small in the sweep tube world. The 6LW6 has a 400 mA average rating and a 1.4 AMP peak rating.

So, while I don't see $10 plus shipping for an EL500/6GB5, I did buy 10 13GB5's since they are on the dollar menu. I haven't had the time to light them up yet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.