• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

TSE input

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I'm looking into building a proper DAC, just curious since the option is available, if there is any reason to use 4vrms out or stick to standard 2vrms? Would TSE clip with 4vrms input?

I don't mind turning the knob all the way up though, just curious if any more output will be seen with some gain on the input without clipping.

I happen to have both of my tubelab SE's on the bench right now; a 45 version and a 300B version.

The 45 version clips at approx 1V RMS input and the 300B clips at roughly 1.5V RMS input.

I'm just eyeballing the sine wave for distortion/asymmetry on the scope at 60 hz and 10Khz.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.