• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

807 Tube with SSE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not always. In a cathode biased amp, the plate (anode)-to-cathode voltage is a bit less than B+ since the cathode R is dropping some volts. In a fixed bias setup, they are just about the same, as there is negligible cathode resistance to drop volts.

See Tubelab's comments in post 39 here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubelab/209210-simple-se-6l6-tube-types.html
True but based on my understanding of the question to view them as the same is the safe guide line .
I was answering it not as an absolute but as a good guide line for max voltage on this tube.
In this case 400volts the real plate voltage will be less because of your example and tubelab work.
I though the nuance of subtracting the cathode bias voltage would confuse the question as I understood it was asked. Regards

True but based on my understanding of the question to view them as the same is the safe guide line .
I was answering it not as an absolute but as a good guide line for max voltage on this tube.
In this case 400volts the real plate voltage will be less because of your example and tubelab work.
I though the nuance of subtracting the cathode bias voltage would confuse the question as I understood it was asked. Regards

Triodethom: No worries, I was just attempting to further clarify things for imnewbie.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.