• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Simple SE GU-50

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Einrich,

There are no good options in the Matejsirk circuits. Forget about GU50 in pentodemode without NFB!

Will maybe put out 3-5W at 5% THD with Zout of a few hundred ohms.

If you want to build a Gubernator you should maybe opt for a driver with a little higher gain. A 10k OPT is not optimal for the lefthand triode at 500V. Something like 10k/600V/60mA should make it clip symmetrical at 10-15W.

Anatoliy, wasn´t there a thread a few weeks ago about this topic? Have you tested out the IRL max Ia in lefthand mode? Seems the LS50 datasheet has very low figures at max 30mA.

All of those options look great, they are also nice because my multimeter only goes up to 600V.
I will look through them an make a decision.

Would an Edcore GXSE10-6-10K suffice for these circuits?
This would help keep the iron cost down.

How well do the 3.5K OPT's work?

I suggest GXSE15-6-5K. On first prototype I used XSE15-8-1.7K. It is OK. But 3.5K or 5K is better. Better bass and less distortion. My is custom made.

6J52P is noval tube. It is similar D3A. You can get curves here (for D3A): http://www.hifitubes.nl/weblog/wp-content/philips-d3a.pdf
and for 6J52P:
http://www.rutubes.com/articles_for_description/datasheets.htm

here is a picture of my amp:

Attachments

• GU50 od spredaj 2.JPG
    GU50 od spredaj 2.JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 643
But I do not know how to measure THD.

Hey M,
The easiest would be to get one of the freeware analyzers available out there. About Zout, just load with a high-ohm load and the diminish it until you get half the output voltage and that load is equal to Zout. You can do this at quite low signal-level. If you have 11,5V peak at the terminal this corresponds to just above 8W into 8ohm. Nice looking amp by the way.

Einric,
About triode/pentodes E/PCL86 is also a nice tube with a more powerful pentode but weaker triode.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.