• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Tubelab SE with tubes outboard

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I built the Tubelab SE with 45 triodes and a SS rectifier. All the tubes were installed on the chassis. Be careful if you do the same thing:

Install the stopper resistors close to the grid pin. 3.3k was enough for the 5842 and the I didn't change the 100R of the 45.

I had to add separate power supply and transformer for the 45 filaments to avoid noise (soft start using LT1084).

Since I had a little hum, more filtering was necessary (few hundreds microfarads) for the B+ supply. I had in mind to use stacked Zener diodes with a HV MOSFET for regulation and slow start: it works well.

Next step: the 211 stage!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.