• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Simple SE Build - Noob question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First amp DIY project and had a few questions that I hope you guys could help me with. I'm a mechanical engineer by training so trying to read a simple wiring schematic is a real head scratcher for me. The board is soldered so while waiting for the Edcor transformers to get here, I'm figuring out the chassis portion of the project.

I would like to add 2 sets of inputs to the chassis; the primary inputs will be dedicated to the phono preamp while the secondary inputs will give me the flexibility to add another line source in the future (DAC, etc). My question is, what type of switch will I need? Do I need a 4PDT, where both sets of L+R inputs are all wired to the switch and then out to the volume knob? Or should I use a DPDT, where only the hot sides of the inputs are connected to the switch and the neutrals go directly to the volume pot? Or am I totally off base on everything? Any help would be greatly appreciated, along with any wiring tips you may have. Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.