• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

The SSE as mono-block

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had recently purchased two SSE boards, one as a backup or another project in the future. As what seems to come naturally after buying extra parts, I got the somewhat mis-guided idea of making more power by using both boards at once.

I have come up with two semi-obvious ideas for combining the channels on each board.

1. Running both channels in parallel. This seems to be the simplest solution, but would require humungous(in size and price) 1.5-2.5k SE OPTs.

2. Making a huge class A Push-pull. I was thinking of using an input transformer as the phase splitter(not quite as expensive little buggers), or perhaps an external cathodyne or LTP splitter. Then I could use more common large 6.6k-8k PP OPTs.

If I went the Push-pull route, the question would be how to acquire negative feedback without a redesign. I could try GNFB, but that may anger the spirit of Mr. Nyquist by operating through the input transformer. I also thought of grounding the 4ohm tap of the transformer, and deriving the required out of phase signals from the common&8ohm tap. I would then still have the speaker connected to the common&8ohm taps.
I'm not sure what would be the more appropriate course of action.

On the single ended front, you have these 10 pound monsters from edcore EDCOR Electronics Corporation. CXSE25-8-2.5K I build my TSE from the 3200k versions. I seriously considered using 2 boards at the time, but the price of 300b's conviced me the extra 3db was just too expensive. El-34s and kt88s on the other hand... I have 2 SSE boards on the workbench now, I will most likely get around to this sooner or later. I really want to hear what a 25 watt se monoblock sounds like.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.