• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Tubelab SE Using a separate power supply for the MOSFET drains

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm contemplating using a separate power supply for the mosfet drains in my 45 version of the Tubelab SE. I'm using 2SK3563 mosfets. I have a 230V CT secondary Hammond flat pack transformers (P/N 229B230). It'll do 115V at 100ma or 230V at 50ma.

Is rectifying and smoothing 115V sufficient for a 45 build? Or, put another way, how much drain voltage do I need for the 2SK3563's? The sources are connected to the bias circuit per the schemo.

I'm using the Edcor XPWR-131 power transformer and the rest of the build is per George's parts list.

I'm assuming that I just leave out the jumper between the B+ and DRV B+ pads, and connect the aux power supply to the DRV B+ pad.......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.