• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

TSE filament windings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just to check. I am making the TSE for 300b and have a 6.3 V filament winding without a center tap. Can I just leave out D4, D5 and C2 and leave the circuit the same, or does it need to be modified? I haven't really seen a full wave rectifier with a non-center tap transformer and can't model it properly in PSUD.

Can I just leave out D4, D5 and C2 and leave the circuit the same, or does it need to be modified?........Use a full-wave bridge rectifier. Feed it's + output to C2,and

The 4 diodes in the circuit IS a full wave bridge. Two diodes are inside a common package D1A and D1B. All 4 diodes are needed to make a FWB. C2 can be left out in this case since the jumper between pad 3 and pad 4 shorts it out. A FWB is a common way to rectify a non centertap transformer ans should work in PSUD.

The circuit looks a little strange to make it work for 2.5 volt tubes and 5 volt tubes. It is a full wave center tapped circuit for 2.5 volt tubes, and it is a FWB with 5 volt tubes. The CT is not connected to anything since pad 1 is not used. If it helps just redraw the circuit without the jumped pads, leaving out the connections not used for your particular configuration.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.