• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Help With Switches For DC/ Simple SE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need a rectifier switch to go from ss to tube in a simple se. Can anyone post a link to a good switch? I have an on off switch from a local electronics store. It is rated at 277vac and 20amps but no dc rating listed. What do you guys use? Also how about the triode ul switch and nfb switch?

I need a rectifier switch to go from ss to tube in a simple se. Can anyone post a link to a good switch? I have an on off switch from a local electronics store. It is rated at 277vac and 20amps but no dc rating listed. What do you guys use? Also how about the triode ul switch and nfb switch?

I am not equipped with the required theoretical knowledge to substantiate my claim, but I don't think your voltage or current ratings matter all that much (assuming you are staying above the max secondary current rating of your PT).
One would hope that you will not use that switch with your mains switch being in the on position, so all the switch does is connecting the cathodes of the diodes to one of the pads for the filament of the (then not present) rectifier tube.
I haven't used any rectifier switching option on my SSE amps, because I like the soft-start effect of the rectifier tube warm-up and I have enough B+.
I have used regular DPDT switches like these for CFB/UL, just because I had them. You can probably get away with ones rated for less than 6A...
Again, the max current rating of your OPT primary/secondary windings is probably a good start for those switches.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.