• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Simple SE more OPT questions/ideas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"Cathode feedback is used in this diagram. The secondary of the OPT's are connected to ground on the PC board so a separate connection is not needed. Note the reverse connection of the output transformer secondaries. :confused:This is needed on many OPT's to get NEGATIVE feedback to the cathode of the output tube. If unsure of your particular OPT's try wiring the secondaries each way (swap the two secondary wires, leave the primary alone). Chose the connection that produces the lowest volume."

I think Gery at Transcendar is going to build me some custom 20w opt's with 40% ul tap. Question is-does anyone know if the transcendars need reverse connection of the opt's secondaries for UL. I know I can try it both ways, but it would be nice to get it right out of the gate.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.