• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Help with Tubelab SE component selection

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks very much for this! This seals my decision to go with the Big Edcors ;-) which should hopefully go well with the XPWR131-240 and CXC125-10H-200mA.
Just on the other topic - does anyone have any volume pot recommendations? I was thinking about Potentiometer - 100K Dual, Linear PC Mount, 3/8" Bushing | Antique Electronic Supply LLC...
Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
-Victor

Victor, the power transformer and choke look fine. The XPWR-131 allows both 300B's and 45's/2A3's to be used. It was specifically spec'd for the TSE.

You really want an audio (not linear) taper pot, although the other pot specs look fine.

Thanks Boywonder,
Yes I do now realise a LOG pot should be used ;-) However, I was more concerned about the pot value ;-) Have since found this thread:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubelab/176406-simple-se-volume-pot-value.html
where George is saying that for TSE the pot should not be higher than 50K due to low pass filter it would create with the Miller cap of the 5842. Just trying to understand how low can I go? All I could get at the moment is 10K pot.
All this is a theoretical discussion for now as the lead time for Edcors is 5-6 weekes plus whatever it takes to ship to Australia...
Thanks a lot for your help,
Cheers,
-Victor

Hi all, just built TSE 45. want to add auxiliary capacitor [80uf/370v motor run]. My question is how do I wire it to C5? is it direct wire-in into C5 pads or some other way?

Also did the check out and I get these number; are they ok or should I try to lower B+ some? I'm using XPWR131, Triad CX14 choke, JJ GZ34 rectifier; rest of filtering components are as spec'd by George.

310V B+
175 B-
302V Plate voltage on 45 tubes
2.1V filament supply, kind of low? should be closer to 2.5, correct?
5842 plate at 175V
45 tubes biased at 27mA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.