• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Board Availability

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've heard of TubeLab's (George's) recent life events that have prohibited his participation in this forum and his website. Indeed I've sent several PM's and emails, all without reply. I respect his need for personal time, perhaps more than most would. But here's the problem... I spent 4 months researching kits and schematics, plans and designs. I read volumes and volumes on topologies. I finally concluded that the Tubelab SE was for me. I came to this conclusion a little too late, for now I seem to be unable to purchase a board. Oh, and I'm also impatient. That never helps anything.

So, does anyone here have a spare Tubelab SE board they would like to sell? I'm looking for new boards only, if possible.

Thanks!

If George can't pick up/read ordinary emails, how is he going to get the email from PayPal and act on it?
I won't send money 'off into the blue' unless I know that the recipient is still in business and can communicate with me. A several-years-old web page with order info isn't enough.
This is 2011. You can't run a web-based business without answering emails.
That said, I recently got my SimplePP boards and kits in the mail from George. It took a few weeks waiting for email responses (I never did get a reply to any of my 'regular' emails; ended up communicating via the pm feature here at diyaudio), but eventually we worked out shipping arrangements, invoicing, payment, and the parcel was sent on its way.

Perhaps the marketing model that Shannon is using for the GetSetGo amp- letting a commercial outfit handle the orders and shipping- is the way to go?
DIYTube Get-Set-Go Board with Parts

If you have to work out a special arrangement, then yeah...getting a hold of him can be difficult. In the SPP case, you wanted a kit which is something that he is not completely setup for at the moment. It took some scrounging as I recall. If you are just paying for PCBs over PayPal, you shouldn't have any trouble if you just send the payment.

I know the company he works for. I'm sure he is quite adept at setting up email filters. ;)

If you have to work out a special arrangement, then yeah...getting a hold of him can be difficult. In the SPP case, you wanted a kit which is something that he is not completely setup for at the moment. It took some scrounging as I recall. If you are just paying for PCBs over PayPal, you shouldn't have any trouble if you just send the payment.

IMO, the issue isn't about any delay caused by getting kits together. My first inquiry (email with subject line "I want to buy SPP boards and kits"), and several follow-ups over a >1 week period, didn't get a reply. It is not that time consuming to type a 1- or 2-line reply and hit the 'Send' button.

We all have different priorities.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/search.php?searchid=3262184

Last edited:
I understand your frustration. I'd feel the same way. I just wanted to point out to the OP that as far as I know George has been punctual in shipping PCBs upon receiving a PayPal, even when he doesn't have time for the rest of Tubelab.

That's good to hear; thanks.
I'm sure somebody who has done just that- sent $$ and received their PCB- will drop in here soon and confirm.

I should have added that I ordered a SSE board from George a couple (3?) of years ago and had prompt email and shipment, then.

As I read it, the work and family demands on George have ratcheted up a lot in the past couple of years.

re: kits for the SPP - In a msg to me (a few weeks ago), George said:
"As expected a lot of people said that they wanted these kits, but you and ***** were the only buyers. I have ordered more 39 ohm resistors and enough of the other missing parts for 10 more sets just in case."

Trust

I've just ordered a TSE board. I sent funds through Paypal and I am positive I will get my board. How can you not trust a guy that has an avatar of a picture of himself half naked playing a guitar!!? I must admit it's a bit creepy but the guy just obviously don't give a sh*t. I can't wait to put it all together, but I am having a bit of trouble ordering parts through Digi-Key. I can't seem to get their ordering page to work. I would copy and paste the part number from George's parts list into their ordering form and add to my order, but when I order the second item the form would not remember the first item. Any help?
David

I've just ordered a TSE board. I sent funds through Paypal and I am positive I will get my board. How can you not trust a guy that has an avatar of a picture of himself half naked playing a guitar!!? I must admit it's a bit creepy but the guy just obviously don't give a sh*t.

Well put.

I can't wait to put it all together, but I am having a bit of trouble ordering parts through Digi-Key. I can't seem to get their ordering page to work. I would copy and paste the part number from George's parts list into their ordering form and add to my order, but when I order the second item the form would not remember the first item. Any help?
David

Do you have "cookies" enabled?

I can't wait to put it all together, but I am having a bit of trouble ordering parts through Digi-Key. I can't seem to get their ordering page to work. I would copy and paste the part number from George's parts list into their ordering form and add to my order, but when I order the second item the form would not remember the first item. Any help?
David
David-
I don't want to pull the thread off-topic too far, but I just checked and had the same experience as you did with pasting the part# into the 'ordering form'. Invalid part# error.
Instead, I pasted the pn into the search box (top right of page) and it seemed to work better. Once the part description came up, I added the #required and clicked on 'Add to order' and it added another line to the order form.
(And, you get to see a pic of the item).
I usually have to search for items at digiKey- seldom have had the luxury of a parts list, so this was the first time I'd seen this 'problem'.

Thanks, Nic.

When were your purchases?
I'm not Nick, but I have ordered twice in the past six months and had the boards within a week. Yes, email responses are a different story, but George has been pretty upfront about his time issue on this forum. Also, there seem to be restrictions with respect to personal email at work. Same where I work. As I understand it, there have been quite a few not so pleasant family matters and an increased workload that diverted his attention away from his tubelab activities over the past year or so. Aside from the occasional hurricane...
In any case: if you look at the ordering instructions/prices on the site and send the money with PayPal, putting any special requests in the notes field there, I am sure you'll receive the goods very promptly.
FWIW,
Stefan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.