diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Tubelab (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubelab/)
-   -   Board Availability (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubelab/195626-board-availability.html)

acceler8 30th August 2011 05:22 PM

Board Availability

I've heard of TubeLab's (George's) recent life events that have prohibited his participation in this forum and his website. Indeed I've sent several PM's and emails, all without reply. I respect his need for personal time, perhaps more than most would. But here's the problem... I spent 4 months researching kits and schematics, plans and designs. I read volumes and volumes on topologies. I finally concluded that the Tubelab SE was for me. I came to this conclusion a little too late, for now I seem to be unable to purchase a board. Oh, and I'm also impatient. That never helps anything.

So, does anyone here have a spare Tubelab SE board they would like to sell? I'm looking for new boards only, if possible.

Thanks!

nic6paul 30th August 2011 05:26 PM

Just send the finds via paypal. No need to email him.

Ian444 31st August 2011 11:50 AM

Funds nic, you meant funds. Yep what nic said. Send funds, get board, no email required. Just state what board you want (TSE in the paypal comments box) when you send said funds. Thats the way to do it.

Edit: here you go - http://www.tubelab.com/PCB_order.htm

VictoriaGuy 31st August 2011 07:09 PM

If George can't pick up/read ordinary emails, how is he going to get the email from PayPal and act on it?
I won't send money 'off into the blue' unless I know that the recipient is still in business and can communicate with me. A several-years-old web page with order info isn't enough.
This is 2011. You can't run a web-based business without answering emails.
That said, I recently got my SimplePP boards and kits in the mail from George. It took a few weeks waiting for email responses (I never did get a reply to any of my 'regular' emails; ended up communicating via the pm feature here at diyaudio), but eventually we worked out shipping arrangements, invoicing, payment, and the parcel was sent on its way.

Perhaps the marketing model that Shannon is using for the GetSetGo amp- letting a commercial outfit handle the orders and shipping- is the way to go?
DIYTube Get-Set-Go Board with Parts

rknize 31st August 2011 07:48 PM

If you have to work out a special arrangement, then yeah...getting a hold of him can be difficult. In the SPP case, you wanted a kit which is something that he is not completely setup for at the moment. It took some scrounging as I recall. If you are just paying for PCBs over PayPal, you shouldn't have any trouble if you just send the payment.

I know the company he works for. I'm sure he is quite adept at setting up email filters. ;)

VictoriaGuy 31st August 2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rknize (Post 2692883)
If you have to work out a special arrangement, then yeah...getting a hold of him can be difficult. In the SPP case, you wanted a kit which is something that he is not completely setup for at the moment. It took some scrounging as I recall. If you are just paying for PCBs over PayPal, you shouldn't have any trouble if you just send the payment.

IMO, the issue isn't about any delay caused by getting kits together. My first inquiry (email with subject line "I want to buy SPP boards and kits"), and several follow-ups over a >1 week period, didn't get a reply. It is not that time consuming to type a 1- or 2-line reply and hit the 'Send' button.

We all have different priorities.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/searc...archid=3262184

rknize 31st August 2011 08:23 PM

I understand your frustration. I'd feel the same way. I just wanted to point out to the OP that as far as I know George has been punctual in shipping PCBs upon receiving a PayPal, even when he doesn't have time for the rest of Tubelab.

VictoriaGuy 31st August 2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rknize (Post 2692928)
I understand your frustration. I'd feel the same way. I just wanted to point out to the OP that as far as I know George has been punctual in shipping PCBs upon receiving a PayPal, even when he doesn't have time for the rest of Tubelab.

That's good to hear; thanks.
I'm sure somebody who has done just that- sent $$ and received their PCB- will drop in here soon and confirm.

nic6paul 31st August 2011 09:30 PM

G
Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoriaGuy (Post 2692933)
That's good to hear; thanks.
I'm sure somebody who has done just that- sent $$ and received their PCB- will drop in here soon and confirm.

I have done just that. Twice as a matter of fact. Both times the boards showed up. I just followed the ordering instructions on the site.

VictoriaGuy 31st August 2011 11:48 PM

Thanks, Nic.

When were your purchases?