• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Board Availability

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi-fives all around!

I was working on a new preamp when something went down in my power amp (K12g... My first!!!!) that I built a few years ago. I had been planning on building a new amp after finishing up the preamp, but that project got bumped to the top of the list. As I was thinking about what to go with it occurred to me that my girlfriend likes soldering and likes watching me fiddle around with circuit boards (as inept as I am at it), Why not let her build it? At about the same time I saw the SPP board and parts kit... Happy valentines day!!! Ebayed some tubes and I'll get some local iron this weekend.

THe TSE and SPP+parts kit showed up today. 8 business days... Not bad at all for international shipping. I don't know how you got everything in the box (I had trouble repacking it to take home from work after inspecting/drooling over the contents) but everything appears undamaged and ready to go.

The tubes arrived last Friday and we should get the iron later this week. I'll go ahead and move over to the simple pp thread now, but expect pictures and progress of "date night" this weekend ;)

Hi George,

Just paypalled you funds for a 2 SSE's and a SPP and a parts kit. If there are additional shipping charges for the parts kit shipping, please let me know and I'll send it right away.

Btw, missed putting my address in the paypal note. Please check your email add for the address.

Thanks!

is there a Tubelab SE kit available, or SSE only?

As of today, there is a parts kit for the Simple Push Pull (SPP) only.

The hold up on the SSE kit was the availability of 500 Volt electrolytics. I have several types to try and there will be an SSE kit as soon as I build up a board and test it all. I made some small changes to the SSE board and changed the silkscreened name to avoid legal issues. The new boards are waiting for me when I get home (about 10 days).

The TSE is a problem since there are several different tube choices that require different components. Since it is a DHT amp it can be built with high end parts, or relatively low budget parts. I have seen users put $100 coupling caps in the board, yet I use a $5 cap. Which ones do I put in the kit?

The TSE would require at least two parts kits. I may try to do a mid level 45 kit and a mid level 300B kit in the future, but it will not happen in the near future. My full time engineering job is not leaving me much Tubelab time right now.

Victor,

International shipments require physically presenting the package to a postal clerk during normal business hours. These are also the hours I have to be at work at my day job. Sometimes I can get away during lunch time to go to the post office, but not this week. All the international shipments for last week, including yours, went out Saturday morning June 23.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.