• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Board Availability

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
George, excellent service as always. Posting it the next day is a great turn around. I received it in the mail today, thanks. Your kit will save me a lot of time finding parts so I really appreciate it.

My OPTs are stuck in customs at the moment so I was wondering what else was with them, so apologies for my impatience. Thanks for your detailed and very helpful response.

George, I just want to let you know that my PP kit arrived safely in Norway after some time in customs. Sales tax and custom fee was USD 47, that is almost 50% of the total value!!!!
The kit looks very good, though, so I guess it will be worth it! Will start building when winter arrives.

Sorry to hear that Tubelab business is not so good. Maybe a SSE kit can make a difference?

THANKS AGAIN!

Sorry to hear that Tubelab business is not so good.

Zero orders for anything in almost 3 weeks. Friends in the model plane business and music production (Pro Tools) business report similar findings.

Maybe a SSE kit can make a difference?

It's in the works, but good quality 500 volt caps are rather hard to find right now. I just got some new production Nichicon's in and need to test them. I still have a full time engineering job to pay the bills, so it must take first priority right now.

I once shipped a toy train to a guy in Italy for my Dad. It took 4 months to get to his house.

I am 1 for 3 to Italy and 0 for 2 to Russia, so I can't ship there any more. I have had no losses anywhere else. The one that did get delivered in Italy took over a month. The order was a mistake since the purchaser had not updated his Paypal address and he was in Japan. My wife shipped the boards not realizing that Italy was a problem. A month later his sister got the boards in Rome and sent them on to Japan.

Oddly, there have been three incidents where USPS Priority Mail have taken 3 weeks to deliver a board right here in the US. ALL 3 were to California!

Stan at ESRC agrees with Italy and Russia, but adds Indonesia to the list primarily because of credit card and money order fraud. I accept only Paypal and have had no issues.

Well it pays to check out customs before you send stuff.

Italy does not accept musical instruments or parts of any kind. Vacuum tube related part are viewed as vintage musical parts to most customs officers. People started trying to get kits etc. to skirt this law, then they wised up to that. Very slim chance of getting anything like that through. It's all up to the particular people working that day.

Russia kicked you back because you tried to send parts with documents, Transmitters and Transceivers of any kind are also banned, Documents containing information that could be viewed as bad for, social order, property rights, including intellectual property. Again it's a crap shoot, people been trying to sneak stuff in there for years. It's all how the customs officer views your item. I mean there are only four models of cordless phones allowed to be shipped there.

Indonesia is just plain crooked, I'm really sad to say. You can ship there, just make sure your paid first. Check out this site, JUST DON"T BY FROM THERE, it's a real life scam, the guy even accepts "PayPal" or so he says. :: KingsMetalDetector.com - Biggest Super Store for Metal Detector! ::

George,

How do you order? I PM'd you a couple time in August & never received a reply. I would like to purchase a couple boards and one parts kit for your Simple PP EL84 amp.

Thank you,

Ron

Hey Ron,
I'm not George, but I have ordered boards twice this year from George following the instructions here.
I just calculated the total amount and PayPal'ed it to him. The boards showed up very promptly.
The page doesn't list a price for the PP kit, though.
HTH,
Stefan

I ordered a couple Simple PP boards, one parts kit and a Simple SE board.

Just took it all to the post office. Excess postage was refunded via Paypal.

I would like to order a Simple SE board and Kit if possible

I don't have a parts kit for the SSE board just yet. Digikey and Mouser no longer stock the Panasonic 500 volt electrolytic caps that I have used in the past. It looks like Panasonic may not be making them currently. 500 volt caps have been rather hard to find, but I got some Nichicons in to test. I do not want to put them in parts kits and sell them until I have built an amp and tested them. With my current work schedule that might be a while.

Hi George

I am interested in building a Simple Push Pull, I'm a novice to this so using one of your kits seems like a great way to get my self into this without getting tied in too many knots!

I have a few queries:

Most importantly do you have any available?

Cost: From what I can see here the kit is $65 and int'l shipping is $15 paid by paypal via the address on Tubelab.

If I am successful with the build, I would like to build another and use the pair as monoblocks, is it possible to run both channels on the amp in parallel and is it relatively straightforward? Apologies if that's a dumb question.

Finally, I have looked on the site but couldn't see any build notes or a BOM for the SimPP, again sorry if I am being blind.

Cheers

Matt

Matt,

I found it from the Home page. Click on the first link you see under the completed Simple PP amp. You probably know board is $35 too so $100 total if that still stands.

http://www.tubelab.com/AssemblyManualSimpleP-P/GettingStarted_SPP.htm

Parts Lists

There is a discussion in this form under the long Simple PP thread on Mono use. Might be better and less $ to purchase the right output transformers for that now.

Regards,

Randy

Last edited:
Hit the first link under the completed Simple PP amp in the pic,

Tubelab Home

Then to the bottom of the "Getting Started Page"

Getting Started

Another thought if you want a bit more power on this board might be to try 6973 output tubes as EH as been making them for a few years now and they are said to sound great. Lower distortion than the EL84's too. Might have to wire the sockets off the board as the connections might be different. For paralleled EL84/ 6973 you could use a single 5K Prim output trans for each channel. Hammond makes a really nice OPT for this in the 100W 5K PP 1650R which is a great one for the $ . Mentioned on the AA & AK forms as really great!

Good luck,

Randy

Thank you very much Randy.

I have to say just looking through this thread and at the Tubelab site itself, there seems to be a lot of goodwill and a generally fun, helpful and knowledgeable vibe floating around, which is part of the reason to have a go at this - to learn from other peoples knowledge and hopefully be able to share any things I can pick up.
I am definitely a novice electronically, but my fabrication and design background might allow me to contribute or assist here.

Cheers

Matt

Just ordered a simple PP board and kit, hoping you have the parts in stock... Looking forward to learning.

Yes, I still have boards and parts kits, your order to the UK goes to the post office tomorrow.

You probably know board is $35 too so $100 total if that still stands.

Yes, the board is $35, parts kit is $65 and shipping is $8 in the US and $15 to the rest of the world. I intend to keep those prices the same until my supply of electrolytics runs out. The prices of electrolytics has gone up considerably since I bought enough for a hundred kits about a year and a half ago. I have only sold about 20 kits so far, so there are plenty left.

I have looked on the site but couldn't see any build notes or a BOM

My web site is a bit messed up since I had to quickly remove all traces of the name "Simple" when used with the common abbreviation for "Single Ended" due to a legal threat. I have had little time to fix it, but a total rebuild is coming with some new stuff too. The pages are all there but some links are broken.

Can you kindly let me know when you have the SSE board kit back in stock

I will be out of town from next week until sometime in January, so there will be no time to build a test amp. I am making arangements for someone else to build one while I am gone though.

I always take boards and kits with me so I can ship them from wherever.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.