• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Board Availability

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks guys. They used a technique called Mohs surgery. They cut out a chunk, tape up the hole, and you wait while the chunk is analysed in an in house lab. The process is repeated until no cancer remains.

This is the third time I have had cancer removed this way. The first time all cancer was gone and never came back. The second time the cancer returned twice within a month. Three surgeries were needed in a 4 month period. That was 4 years ago and it never came back. We will see what happens on this one.

That's the method I read about years ago! Couldn't remember the name and wanted to ask you if had it done on you before as I knew it was a better method, Hope it works great for you this time!

My youngest brother had his skin cancer surgery 7 yrs ago and lucky so far as it had spread to his lymph nodes so had most removed. Dr's figured he had too many X-Rays when he was 15 from an accident and resulting complications. They didn't offer chemo and don't want to scan him now in case of added risk.

I have lived in south Florida for 58 years. There was a 10 year period starting about 35 years ago when I was at the beach every morning with my Hobie Cat sailboat. I worked second shift so I was at the beach from about 9:30 AM until 2:00 PM. Sunscreen.....whazzat. It wasn't popular yet. I will likely develop skin cancer forever even if I never go outside again. So far it has all been localized and removable.

If it was summer in Illinois you were outside.

My father was usually intoxicated and we didn't get along well, so if it was daylight I was usually outside. Even then, I was usually just wearing a pair of shorts. Can't get in trouble for ruining a shirt or shoes if you left them home.

Yeah. I remember when SPF 8 was the strong stuff.

In the 70's they used to have Coppertone commercials on TV showing beautifully tanned babes.....Even my mother used to douse herself in oily stuff and lie out by the lake in our backyard. I spent a lot of time in the lake too.

I don't tan, just burn,

I didn't either. I used to turn red. Now it's redish brown.

What about push-pull kits, any of those left?

There are two SPP parts kits left. A potential buyer wanted these real bad back in July, but never placed an order so they are up for grabs. I will place an order for more parts when I return from an upcomming trip.

Those two kits are gone. One went to Norway the other to Florida.

Parts have been ordered to make more kits. I am also creating the list to order parts for SSE kits. They will be ordered as soon as I can get it all verified.

I must make a long trip as soon as the doctor says it's OK to load the trailer and drive 2500 miles. It is possible that all the parts get here before my trip, but not likely. UPS from Digikey (Minnesota to Florida) can take 5 days. If everything is here before I leave, I'll take it all with me and ship from wherever I am. I do that with boards anyway.

Looks like I was lucky to get one of those All the best to you, George!

No, you were the first person to send payment.

I ordered enough parts to complete 10 more SPP parts kits from Digikey AND another 10 from Mouser. It looks like Mouser will get here before I leave on the road trip. Digikey would not make it via UPS so I went Priority Mail which has no tracking. If either (or both) get here before I leave I will take it all along and kit them up next week.

Of course there are several things that can change my plans.....AGAIN. The biggest are the doctor visit tomorrow, and of course work...........

Mr. George Sir, You don,t know me. But all my prayers will go with you tomorrow,,I feel the pain you might be having, For I too suffer 3 different types of cancer, along with 3 strokes a 1 major heart attack. And I fight this every day..I feel you might be like me in the form of you loving life and your family..And I feel you will never give up. So Be strong and may god bless and protect you. Good Luck Evette

Hope your doing fine now George!

"Russ and I once worked for the same company. Neither of us has left our jobs. Now we work for two different companies. Why? Carl Icahn, a fich guy who invests heavilly in a company, breaks them up and sells off the pieces to "unlock shareholder value". So what if thousands of workers lose their jobs. "

Carl's going to destroy RIM now! Maybe his downfall will be he'll get involved in too many of these company's spreading himself too thin and people will revolt!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.