• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Board Availability

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yep, George has a good reputation for delivering the goods. His designs are good, and he is well respected on this forum. He is a giver, not a taker, he is one of the good guys. Half naked!? What's wrong with that? Our lead singer used to rip his shirt off half-way through a gig and didn't the girls love it! :D

I got my Simple P-P board about a month and a half ago. It only took a week for me to get it, but I am in the US. In fact, I recently finished assembling the board. I now need to work on the final chassis.

Anyway, George (tubelab.com) usually checks this forum regularly, you might have better luck sending him a PM on this forum.

I just followed the ordering information on the site and placed the order, I needed to wait just 2 weeks and received my board. And since I live in belgium I think that everything was very fast. George is a very trustfull person so don't hesitate and just order the board, build it and enjoy the club. :)

So, does anyone here have a spare Tubelab SE board they would like to sell? I'm looking for new boards only, if possible

I have 72 of them sitting on the shelf. Paypal me $35 plus $8 for shipping (assuming you are in the US) Make sure you put the name of the board you want in the subject line and that Paypal has your correct address. You will get a board in about a week.

I also just sent the money, it's only been a week but I don't have any concerns despite not getting a shipping or payment confirmation.

Your boards were shipped Aug 27. I shipped boards to Chile on the same day and I got an email today confirming arrival.

I've just ordered a TSE board. I sent funds through Paypal and I am positive I will get my board.

There was a delay due to no information in the order stating which board was ordered. That is fixed and the board goes out tomorrow.

For most of this year I have been the only one here. Sherri usually handles shipping and email but she has been 1200 miles away dealing with her mothers terminal illness and death. I have a full time engineering job and lately I have been at work from 8 AM to 7 PM on weekdays and some weekends too. My full time job supports me, my wife, my daughter and my two grandkids, so it MUST come first.

This means that international shipments go out on Saturday mornings since that is the only time I can wait in the post office line. Domestic shipments can go through the automated postal center at night after the post office is closed so those are usually sent out within a day or two.

Email is another matter. I get home from work at 7 or so, and have 2 or 3 hours of time to read email, and deal with other issues that arise. I haven't had much time for anything else including new tube projects. I can usually catch up on email on weekends, but Sherri decided to come home for a while. She has found other things for me to do on weekends.

She is now in favor of shutting down Tubelab. With all of the relatives (both of our mothers and a few others) that passed away this year I am now part owner of 4 different houses in two states seperated by 1200 miles. It looks like we will relocate to West Virginia when my employment at Motorola comes to an end. These are just some of the big changes that have been happening in my life now and none of them are settled yet.

I have 72 of them sitting on the shelf. Paypal me $35 plus $8 for shipping (assuming you are in the US) Make sure you put the name of the board you want in the subject line and that Paypal has your correct address. You will get a board in about a week.

Your boards were shipped Aug 27. I shipped boards to Chile on the same day and I got an email today confirming arrival.

There was a delay due to no information in the order stating which board was ordered. That is fixed and the board goes out tomorrow.

For most of this year I have been the only one here. Sherri usually handles shipping and email but she has been 1200 miles away dealing with her mothers terminal illness and death. I have a full time engineering job and lately I have been at work from 8 AM to 7 PM on weekdays and some weekends too. My full time job supports me, my wife, my daughter and my two grandkids, so it MUST come first.

This means that international shipments go out on Saturday mornings since that is the only time I can wait in the post office line. Domestic shipments can go through the automated postal center at night after the post office is closed so those are usually sent out within a day or two.

Email is another matter. I get home from work at 7 or so, and have 2 or 3 hours of time to read email, and deal with other issues that arise. I haven't had much time for anything else including new tube projects. I can usually catch up on email on weekends, but Sherri decided to come home for a while. She has found other things for me to do on weekends.

She is now in favor of shutting down Tubelab. With all of the relatives (both of our mothers and a few others) that passed away this year I am now part owner of 4 different houses in two states seperated by 1200 miles. It looks like we will relocate to West Virginia when my employment at Motorola comes to an end. These are just some of the big changes that have been happening in my life now and none of them are settled yet.

Yes sir spot on, just picked it up :)
Hopefully mouser is just as quick.

I have not left Motorola yet. I dont work in the handset company, but I must face reality. I have worked here for 38 years. There are only 12 people in the plant who have been here longer than me. People get "voted off the island" all the time here. The choice to depart will likely not be mine. I actually like the work that I do and I am constantly learning new technology. We do however work quite hard to keep up with it all.

Most excellent! I just sent the Paypal payment. Thank you so very much for the response. We all know how crazy things can get when life gets in the way!

George,

I hear you... I work for one of the major semiconductor manufacturers as a circuit designer. When the economy hit the fan, 26 % of employees company wide were voted off the island. That was after a couple of "smaller" layoffs. I managed to claw on... But those were rough times.

At least after 38 years, I hope they give you a half decent severance package.

~Tom

The severance package was far better when the less useful people were laid off early on. Now, seniority doesn't buy you much.

Russ and I once worked for the same company. Neither of us has left our jobs. Now we work for two different companies. Why? Carl Icahn, a fich guy who invests heavilly in a company, breaks them up and sells off the pieces to "unlock shareholder value". So what if thousands of workers lose their jobs.

The details in the severance package hasn't changed much over the years, with one minor exception. The package cap has been reduced several times. At one time there was no cap and a long term employee could receive 3 weeks pay for every year that they worked. There weren't too many really long term employees then. Three weeks per year became two weeks with a 104 week cap about 10 years ago. Several of my friends negotiated an exit with 2 YEARS pay in their pockets! I know 2 people thay actually did it TWICE by waiting 2 years and getting rehired in a different divison and then getting laid off again. Now the severance package cap is 26 weeks. So I would get half a years pay if I get whacked tomorrow. Still better than the door slamming on your butt.

What do I do?

Next Generation Public Safety - Motorola Solutions USA

Note the blue banner in the upper left. I don't work on cell phones, or in a cell phone company, but the box I am designing circuits for must roam on Verizon 4G LTE and 3G EVDO. Why am I there so late every night?

MissionCritical Communications, Radio Resource International, and Public Safety Report - wireless voice and data communications for mobile, remote and public safety operations

Yes the marketing team has sold them already, now we better hurry up and design it! Actually the low powered version is already on the market, but when the design team wanted someone to crank up the power about 20X who are you gonna call? LTE makes glowing tubes look easy.

LTE makes glowing tubes look easy.

No kidding. I design circuits that go into the clock generator ICs and jitter cleaner ICs used in LTE, GSM base stations, etc. Few people realize the challenges of hitting the phase noise specs required by those systems.

We have customers lined up out the door but with fewer employees, it's more of a sweatshop than it used to be.

~Tom

Most excellent! I just sent the Paypal payment.

It went through the USPS automated postal center this morning on my way to work. You should have it next week.

Few people realize the challenges of hitting the phase noise specs required by those systems.

I know all about it. The phase noise requirements are actually much tougher for narrow band public safety receiver systems than for LTE. This is due to the 12.5 and 25 KHz channel spacing and the 80 db adjacent channel rejection specs. Hand held portable transceivers also have stringent current drain requirements. We design our own IC's for that market.

I don't know which company you are at, but there are 2 major players in the clock generator game with chips having suitable phase noise. I have evaluated chips from both. I currently have an eval board for the LMK04808B on my desk.

I currently have an eval board for the LMK04808B on my desk.

Thank you for your patronage... :)

I designed the crystal oscillator core and the holdover circuit for that one. As well as a bunch of other circuitry.

Yeah... 12.5 kHz channel spacing and stringent blocker specs will drive up the requirements for a quiet LO as well. Just say no to 1/f noise...

~Tom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.