Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Tubelab

Tubelab Discussion and support of Tubelab products, prototypes and experiments

Old 31st August 2011, 10:52 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaGuy View Post
Thanks, Nic.

When were your purchases?
I believe last year and the year prior. I realize people being leery sending money to a random stranger via the internet. I would say if all you want are boards go ahead and send your money but for a kit I would definitely wait for an email.
Old 31st August 2011, 11:08 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

I should have added that I ordered a SSE board from George a couple (3?) of years ago and had prompt email and shipment, then.

As I read it, the work and family demands on George have ratcheted up a lot in the past couple of years.

re: kits for the SPP - In a msg to me (a few weeks ago), George said:
"As expected a lot of people said that they wanted these kits, but you and ***** were the only buyers. I have ordered more 39 ohm resistors and enough of the other missing parts for 10 more sets just in case."
Old 31st August 2011, 11:30 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Hi,

If it helps, I ordered a TSE board 4 weeks ago (Paypal) and it was posted to me promptly.

Alan
Old 1st September 2011, 12:16 AM   #14
evanc is offline evanc  United States
diyAudio Member

Location: New Jersey. About 1 hour from NYC and 1 min. from the beach
I ordered a board last winter and got prompt shipping....With the online info at tubelab.com it was way easy to put together a very nice project.
Old 1st September 2011, 12:57 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Thanks for all the advice, and information! But I too am leery of sending a payment without some acknowledgement from George. Plus, if he really is that busy I don't want to pester him until I do get a response.

So my original question stands. Anybody got a free TSE board?
Old 1st September 2011, 01:18 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Default Trust

I've just ordered a TSE board. I sent funds through Paypal and I am positive I will get my board. How can you not trust a guy that has an avatar of a picture of himself half naked playing a guitar!!? I must admit it's a bit creepy but the guy just obviously don't give a sh*t. I can't wait to put it all together, but I am having a bit of trouble ordering parts through Digi-Key. I can't seem to get their ordering page to work. I would copy and paste the part number from George's parts list into their ordering form and add to my order, but when I order the second item the form would not remember the first item. Any help?
David
Old 1st September 2011, 01:35 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Hi

I had no problems receiving 2 x SSE boards from Tubelab back in March this year they were sent promptly to Melbourne Australia
Old 1st September 2011, 01:54 AM   #18
rknize is offline rknize  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to rknize Send a message via Yahoo to rknize
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleT View Post
I've just ordered a TSE board. I sent funds through Paypal and I am positive I will get my board. How can you not trust a guy that has an avatar of a picture of himself half naked playing a guitar!!? I must admit it's a bit creepy but the guy just obviously don't give a sh*t.
Well put.

Quote:
I can't wait to put it all together, but I am having a bit of trouble ordering parts through Digi-Key. I can't seem to get their ordering page to work. I would copy and paste the part number from George's parts list into their ordering form and add to my order, but when I order the second item the form would not remember the first item. Any help?
David
Do you have "cookies" enabled?
Old 1st September 2011, 01:58 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleT View Post
I can't wait to put it all together, but I am having a bit of trouble ordering parts through Digi-Key. I can't seem to get their ordering page to work. I would copy and paste the part number from George's parts list into their ordering form and add to my order, but when I order the second item the form would not remember the first item. Any help?
David
David-
I don't want to pull the thread off-topic too far, but I just checked and had the same experience as you did with pasting the part# into the 'ordering form'. Invalid part# error.
Instead, I pasted the pn into the search box (top right of page) and it seemed to work better. Once the part description came up, I added the #required and clicked on 'Add to order' and it added another line to the order form.
(And, you get to see a pic of the item).
I usually have to search for items at digiKey- seldom have had the luxury of a parts list, so this was the first time I'd seen this 'problem'.
Old 1st September 2011, 02:37 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaGuy View Post
Thanks, Nic.

When were your purchases?
I'm not Nick, but I have ordered twice in the past six months and had the boards within a week. Yes, email responses are a different story, but George has been pretty upfront about his time issue on this forum. Also, there seem to be restrictions with respect to personal email at work. Same where I work. As I understand it, there have been quite a few not so pleasant family matters and an increased workload that diverted his attention away from his tubelab activities over the past year or so. Aside from the occasional hurricane...
In any case: if you look at the ordering instructions/prices on the site and send the money with PayPal, putting any special requests in the notes field there, I am sure you'll receive the goods very promptly.
FWIW,
Stefan

Hide this!Advertise here!