Board Availability - Page 14 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Tubelab

Tubelab Discussion and support of Tubelab products, prototypes and experiments

Old 30th December 2011, 05:08 PM   #131
jakubg is offline jakubg  Slovakia
diyAudio Member

Default Package received

Hi George,
My boards and kit parts have just arrived!
Thanks for the super fast service even during the holidays.

Happy new year to you, your family and everyone here on diyaudio
Old 29th January 2012, 01:30 AM   #132
diyAudio Member

Default Organ OPT in amps

Hi,

I have have a number of output transformers from various baldwin and hammond organ amps. i wondered if you have built anything from them. I have many that use 6bq5 tubes about 8 of them. and I have some that are larger designed for 4 6bq5 PPP. Could any of these be used for guitar SET amp? Or do you have any good driver for these. I was considering making a Vox clone with one of the 6bq5 PPP have power trans that are overkill and will work. Some use 7199 as drivers others 12ax7a tubes but have larger preamp circuits prior. Any thoughts? thanks Mojoworkin3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubelab.com View Post
Yes, I still have boards and parts kits, your order to the UK goes to the post office tomorrow.

Yes, the board is $35, parts kit is $65 and shipping is $8 in the US and $15 to the rest of the world. I intend to keep those prices the same until my supply of electrolytics runs out. The prices of electrolytics has gone up considerably since I bought enough for a hundred kits about a year and a half ago. I have only sold about 20 kits so far, so there are plenty left.

My web site is a bit messed up since I had to quickly remove all traces of the name "Simple" when used with the common abbreviation for "Single Ended" due to a legal threat. I have had little time to fix it, but a total rebuild is coming with some new stuff too. The pages are all there but some links are broken.

I will be out of town from next week until sometime in January, so there will be no time to build a test amp. I am making arangements for someone else to build one while I am gone though.

I always take boards and kits with me so I can ship them from wherever.
Old 7th February 2012, 08:51 PM   #133
Chul is offline Chul  South Korea
diyAudio Member

Default I ordered PCBs.

Hi George,

I ordered and paid by PAYPAL for Tubelab SE pcbs.
I got no reply from you but I expect that you have received them and would send them. MY address is the same as PAYPAL info.

I see that you are going through some change in your operation and I wish you good luck.

Chul
Old 8th February 2012, 01:06 AM   #134
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I ordered and paid by PAYPAL for Tubelab SE pcbs. I got no reply from you but I expect that you have received them and would send them.
I was out of town all weekend. I got your Paypal payment last night, and sent an email reply including the customs tag number which can be tracked in some countries. The boards were sent this morning. The tag number is LC183139419US.
Old 8th February 2012, 12:56 PM   #135
diyAudio Member

Default New here, looking for first tube amp kit

Hello all. I have spent a few weeks researching a tube amp to build, and I would really like to build a SimplePP. I emailed George about a week ago, thinking that maybe he has closed down since I have not heard back. But then I found this thread and now realize that he is going through a lot and apparently I can just send him the $108 for a board, kit, and shipping, and then expect it in my mailbox very quickly.

So I will probably go ahead and do that this week. But I'd like some recommendations on tubes and transformers. I think it would be best to go the EL84/6BQ5 route. Is there a specific make of EL84 anyone recommends that are a good balance of cost/performance? Is anyone using new JJ/Sovtek tubes, or are NOS the best option?

For OPTs I'm thinking of using Edcor's XPP XPP25-8CT-7.6K. Seems like a good deal for 25W at $31 ea. And a XPWR066-240 for PT.

As I understand it, the kit does not come with a pot for volume, any recommendations?
Old 8th February 2012, 03:16 PM   #136
rknize is offline rknize  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to rknize Send a message via Yahoo to rknize
Those are fine choices for transformers. Lots of people are using modern production tubes. That is part of the appeal of this amp. The New Sensor tubes (Sovtek, Mullard/Gold Lion/etc reissue) are based on a older Russian design. It is a fine tube, but the screens don't like the "spec bending" B+ of this design. The JJ tube seems to be able to handle anything we throw at it and is a safe bet.

I would start with a set of JJ. Once you have your amp up and running, you'll know where your B+ voltage really is. From that you can gauge how the New Sensor tubes will behave. There are some ways to lower your screen voltage a bit, if need be.
Old 8th February 2012, 08:15 PM   #137
diyAudio Member

This is dumb, but I just realized I selected a 240v power trans.

Would this be a good option: Edcor XPWR008-120
Input: 120V, 60Hz
Output: 600V at 200mA center tapped, 6.3V at 4A and 5V at 3A.

Seems spot on or slightly above all the SimplePP requirements
Old 8th February 2012, 10:22 PM   #138
rknize is offline rknize  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to rknize Send a message via Yahoo to rknize
That will work fine.
Old 8th February 2012, 11:06 PM   #139
rmyauck is offline rmyauck  Canada
diyAudio Member

The 23% UL tap one is the better one to go for as Hafler and others found it was more optimal for EL84/6V6 tubes run in UL. This is why the Dynaco Z-565 and it's clones are done this way. I'm pointing this out as Dave Gillespie brought this up in the forms. More info at diyaudio.com under the ST-35 form.

http://www.edcorusa.com/p/799/cxpp25-ms-8k-23

This is a 40% one.. I think your price is for the 15W versions as the one you quoted is about $47

http://www.edcorusa.com/p/429/cxpp25-ms-8k

All the above have multiple output taps which can be useful! Sometimes other taps work better on a given speaker.

I second the JJ tubes. I use them in vintage amps which are hard on tubes.

Randy

Last edited by rmyauck; 8th February 2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 9th February 2012, 04:19 AM   #140
diyAudio Member

George,

I just paypalled you funds for a SPP and parts kit and a TLSE board shipped to South Korea ($19). If there are additional shipping charges for the extra board, please let me know and I'll happily send them along.

Thanks!

Hide this!Advertise here!