Board Availability - Page 11 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Tubelab

Tubelab Discussion and support of Tubelab products, prototypes and experiments

Old 5th November 2011, 10:46 AM   #101
sureshm is offline sureshm  Australia
diyAudio Member

George, excellent service as always. Posting it the next day is a great turn around. I received it in the mail today, thanks. Your kit will save me a lot of time finding parts so I really appreciate it.

My OPTs are stuck in customs at the moment so I was wondering what else was with them, so apologies for my impatience. Thanks for your detailed and very helpful response.
Old 5th November 2011, 09:27 PM   #102
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I received it in the mail today
Good, I am glad you got it OK. The US post office can be slow, as well as customs and delivery on the other end, but they don't seem to lose much. The only issues are Italy and Russia, nothing seems to get delivered there, so I don't ship there any more.
Old 7th November 2011, 09:36 PM   #103
OleBull is offline OleBull  Norway
diyAudio Member

George, I just want to let you know that my PP kit arrived safely in Norway after some time in customs. Sales tax and custom fee was USD 47, that is almost 50% of the total value!!!!
The kit looks very good, though, so I guess it will be worth it! Will start building when winter arrives.

Sorry to hear that Tubelab business is not so good. Maybe a SSE kit can make a difference?

THANKS AGAIN!
Old 8th November 2011, 11:45 PM   #104
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubelab.com View Post
Good, I am glad you got it OK. The US post office can be slow, as well as customs and delivery on the other end, but they don't seem to lose much. The only issues are Italy and Russia, nothing seems to get delivered there, so I don't ship there any more.
I once shipped a toy train to a guy in Italy for my Dad. It took 4 months to get to his house.
Old 9th November 2011, 12:33 AM   #105
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Sorry to hear that Tubelab business is not so good.
Zero orders for anything in almost 3 weeks. Friends in the model plane business and music production (Pro Tools) business report similar findings.

Quote:
Maybe a SSE kit can make a difference?
It's in the works, but good quality 500 volt caps are rather hard to find right now. I just got some new production Nichicon's in and need to test them. I still have a full time engineering job to pay the bills, so it must take first priority right now.

Quote:
I once shipped a toy train to a guy in Italy for my Dad. It took 4 months to get to his house.
I am 1 for 3 to Italy and 0 for 2 to Russia, so I can't ship there any more. I have had no losses anywhere else. The one that did get delivered in Italy took over a month. The order was a mistake since the purchaser had not updated his Paypal address and he was in Japan. My wife shipped the boards not realizing that Italy was a problem. A month later his sister got the boards in Rome and sent them on to Japan.

Oddly, there have been three incidents where USPS Priority Mail have taken 3 weeks to deliver a board right here in the US. ALL 3 were to California!

Stan at ESRC agrees with Italy and Russia, but adds Indonesia to the list primarily because of credit card and money order fraud. I accept only Paypal and have had no issues.
Old 21st November 2011, 03:18 AM   #106
GloBug is offline GloBug  Canada
Banned

Well it pays to check out customs before you send stuff.

Italy does not accept musical instruments or parts of any kind. Vacuum tube related part are viewed as vintage musical parts to most customs officers. People started trying to get kits etc. to skirt this law, then they wised up to that. Very slim chance of getting anything like that through. It's all up to the particular people working that day.

Russia kicked you back because you tried to send parts with documents, Transmitters and Transceivers of any kind are also banned, Documents containing information that could be viewed as bad for, social order, property rights, including intellectual property. Again it's a crap shoot, people been trying to sneak stuff in there for years. It's all how the customs officer views your item. I mean there are only four models of cordless phones allowed to be shipped there.

Indonesia is just plain crooked, I'm really sad to say. You can ship there, just make sure your paid first. Check out this site, JUST DON"T BY FROM THERE, it's a real life scam, the guy even accepts "PayPal" or so he says. :: KingsMetalDetector.com - Biggest Super Store for Metal Detector! ::
Old 22nd November 2011, 05:19 AM   #107
diyAudio Member

George,

How do you order? I PM'd you a couple time in August & never received a reply. I would like to purchase a couple boards and one parts kit for your Simple PP EL84 amp.

Thank you,

Ron
Old 22nd November 2011, 08:42 AM   #108
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldw441 View Post
George,

How do you order? I PM'd you a couple time in August & never received a reply. I would like to purchase a couple boards and one parts kit for your Simple PP EL84 amp.

Thank you,

Ron
Hey Ron,
I'm not George, but I have ordered boards twice this year from George following the instructions here.
I just calculated the total amount and PayPal'ed it to him. The boards showed up very promptly.
The page doesn't list a price for the PP kit, though.
HTH,
Stefan
Old 22nd November 2011, 05:37 PM   #109
diyAudio Member

Stefan,

Thanks for the link. I ordered a couple Simple PP boards, one parts kit and a Simple SE board. Really looking forward to building something.

Thanks again,

Ron
Old 22nd November 2011, 06:00 PM   #110
diyAudio Member

Hi George

I would like to order a Simple SE board and Kit if possible, i can see a price for the board but not the kit to populate it, is this available? Shipping to UK.....

Mike

Hide this!Advertise here!