• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

TubeLab SE - power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,
I'm putting all together TubeLab SE and I'm slightly puzzled with simplicity of PSU.
Why left and right channel does not have separated branches. Simple RC ora LC circuit for left and right channel could improve channel separations.
For driver CCS separates tubes form PSU noise therefore separating channels does not help much, but both power tubes are fed form C5.
I'm wondering how splitting HV for right and left channel by LC branch could improve sound.
Perhaps this does not make sense or cost and afford will be bigger than expected improvement.
Could anyone help me with this issue ?

Regards

Since the amp only makes 1-4W and is SE (and therefore class A), I don't think it would benefit much from this. You can certainly do it yourself by using two off-board chokes and caps and then wiring those directly to the OPTs. Keep the CRC circuit as-is for the PCB.

Thank you for reply.
In first phase I'm going to keep circiut as is with no changes, then I'm going to make same experiments with more advanced PSU.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.