• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Output filament suppy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry for a dumb question. I am new to tubes and amp building. I completed breadboarding TSE and was going through checkout. George mentions to place a multimeter across filament supply for output tubes. Where exactly should I place the clips?

Thanks.

TSE checkout

Everharmonics, Thank you. It measures 5V at output tube socket. I set this up for 300B so I assume this is what I want.

Output grid voltage at R14 and R25 when set to most negative voltage are -89 and -295V respectively. Is this right? Why the difference?

TSE checkout

Everharmonics, Thank you. It measures 5V at output tube socket. I set this up for 300B so I assume this is what I want.

Output grid voltage at R14 and R25 when set to most negative voltage are -89 and -295V respectively. Is this right? Why the difference?

It measures 5V at output tube socket. I set this up for 300B so I assume this is what I want.
Yes.

They should be similar (around -80v for mine). Measure from output tube socket where it says "1" in both channels.

I will check tube socket 1 tomorrow after work. I guess the abnormal voltage has its effect. right channel/speaker is not playing.
B+ is 372V at grid bias of 63mA on Right and 67mA in left. Rectifier is the brightest with bright orange, output tubes barely glow but when seen from top there is glow. No smell of burning plastic either. Don't know why there is o output from right. Any suggestions, I will look into it tomorrow.
By the way, one speaker is way way way loud for a 15X26 foot room. By mistake I omitted volume pot, that thing goes in first. Connected a Denon DVD player with no volume control. Big mistake.

By the way I connected my old, in the closet, Klipsch synergy B1. This is a tiny bookshelf speaker, the detail is amazing, instruments crisp as crisp could be. I can't wait to get the second channel working.
George, Thanks for such a wonderful design made so simple.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.