• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

My TubelabSE is broken :(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all!

I have about 15 hours of music pleasure with my TSE. I used it last week and everything was fine. Today when i started it it was a soft hum when it was heating up (normal for 15 sec on my TSE). But this time the hum didn't disappeare..and when i turn the volumpot up the sound was weak and much dist and the hum increased.. :(

I haven't meassured anything yet and can't see anything wrong..

Is it safe to try again and messuare on it? Anyone with an idea?

Thanks //Daniel

If a power supply voltage is low you can unplug the tubes. If it rises to normal then the problem is in the amplifier. If it doesn't then it is in the power supply. It is easy to check the diodes with an ohm meter out of circuit. Most likely power supply problem is a shorted capacitor.

And now it's working.. :)
I moved the amp today to do some measuring..all voltage was ok..i plugged in the speakers and put music on.. tada, it worked perfect.. i didn't do anything..
THAT EVEN SCARE ME MORE :) Maybe some bad joint?
It was a very heavy thunderstorm about an hour after i tried to play with it..maybe spikes on the primary?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.